Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Flying Random Thoughts Entry No.2

I've never had anyone lecture me about writing as much as "Mr. Too-Much" has, one time during a flight to Colombo.

"If man becomes content on where he is, he stops evolving. It is human nature for man to be discontented with what he has, and to always strive for change. If you really want change, go look for what you want. Don't even look at the money or luxuries involved, but instead look for change for the sole purpose of your evolution. That is when you might truly be happy."

The next day, I had to drag my friend Steve to the nearest Carrefour to buy the latest classifieds. If only I could convince people this forcefully, I wouldn't go around as much begging people to believe me that I have good sense in writing. Anyway, I  did find advertisements and I've actually replied to two. To date I haven't got replies, but then again, I really am not the one time big time type. I've concurred over the past years that I do have to endure a lot of "no's" before I get a "yes", and it's usually when it seems insanely impossible. That means maybe, when I am supposedly buried then under tons of classifieds, I might find a single clause that would bring me a notch up my personal evolution.

And with my stubborn, evil self grinning at the background, this is what I aim to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment